Oh…Shrimp Scampi. I could eat seafood every day of my life. Literally…every day. I would not tire, I would not get bored. I could it eat it here, there, I could it everywhere. I could eat it on a boat, in a float…ok, maybe not that one Rhyme-y McGee.
Luckily the whole fam likes seafood as well, so I can get away with serving it fairly often. The kiddos fave is shrimp, so we love incorporating it wherever we can!
Shrimp is great because you can find it fairly inexpensively, even at places like Aldi, and its such a quick protein to prepare for the crew! It’s a great weeknight option since you can typically have it on the table in less than a half hour. Who WANTS to spend hours prepping a meal after a long day at work, school, or taking care of the house?!?
This Shrimp Scampi Linguine with Vegetables is great because it basically comes together in one pan. You’re done in less than 30 minutes, and you really can use a variety of vegetables! Have leftover veggies or asparagus like these from the night before? Toss them in at the end with the pasta! Have some zucchini you forgot about in the back of fridge? Toss it in! Garden providing a ridonculous amount of peppers this year? Toss them in!! That’s my kind of meal.
I like to use a linguine noodle in this simply because I like the way it holds the sauce, however PLEASE don’t feel like you have to. You can most certainly use whatever pasta you have on hand to whip this up. No need for a trip to the store, it’s going to taste just as yummy with whatever you have in that pantry of yours!
If tossing in leftover prepared veggies, add at the end when returning the shrimp and pasta to the sauce. Since already cooked once, just need to “reheat” those veggies.
Feel free to use green peppers, all red peppers, whatever you have on hand. Cooking dinner for yourself or your family is preparing a meal with things YOU love and can be done using things YOU HAVE.
Shrimp Scampi Linguine with Vegetables
Super Simple yet delicious and light pasta dish with the delicious flavors of Shrimp Scampi!
- 1/2 lb. Linguine (or other pasta you may have)
- 1 lb. Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 Orange or Yellow Pepper, diced
- 1/2 lb. Asparagus tops
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 2-3 Lemons, medium size
- 2 Tbsp Garlic Minced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Parsley & Parmesan to Garnish (optional but YUMMY!)
- Step 1 Prepare the linguine as directed on the package and drain.
- Step 2 In large, deep skillet melt 3 Tbsp butter over a medium heat.
- Step 3 Add diced peppers and asparagus tips stirring to coat in the melted butter. Cook until soften, about 4-5 minutes.
- Step 4 Add minced garlic and saute about one more minute.
- Step 5 Add another 2 Tbsp butter to the pan. Add in the peeled deveined shrimp and let sit in skillet to cook for a minute without stirring them around.
- Step 6 Flip shrimp and cook another 2 minutes. Then, remove shrimp and veggies and set aside.
- Step 7 Add last 1 Tbsp butter and juice of 2-3 medium size lemons to the pan. Stir and let simmer 2-3 more minutes.
- Step 8 Add pasta, shrimp and veggies back to pan and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley, pinch of parmesan, and even another squeeze of lemon if you like.