I am just going to leave that picture right there…..
And maybe this one too.
There are few flavor combinations any more well-loved or desired than chocolate and peanut butter. Even mention a Reese’s cup in the presence of someone and you can almost guarantee it generates a sparkle in a person’s eye.
Seriously though, can we not see why?
There’s nothing complicated about the relationship between chocolate and peanut butter. They are literally perfect together in every way…perfect textures, richness, and sweetness. I feel like these two flavors are so confident in their relationship that chocolate doesn’t even worry about her weight or makeup anymore. Peanut Butter even openly cries at chick flicks. Love, man, love.
This cheesecake celebrates that relationship. Using the peanut butter filled Oreos for the crust adds that something extra. Then…THEN. Firstly, a layer of chocolate cheesecake. Next, peanut butter cheesecake. Third, the remaining chocolate cheesecake batter is added to create that effect of our beloved Reese’s Cup.
After baking and cooled this is topped off with a Chocolate Peanut Butter ganache layer and then some chopped mini Reese’s Cups. A little chocolate drizzle to serve and you have heaven. Literally, utterly, heaven.
There may be a few steps to this…but believe me, TOTALLY worth it. This is also not for the weak….this is rich. And sweet…but that’s ok, because….stretchy pants.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Reese's
There's no words...its just Chocolate and Peanut Butter heaven on a plate.
- FOR THE CRUST:
- 22 Peanut Butter Filled Oreos-crumbs
- 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
- FOR CHEESECAKE:
- 4 pkgs Cream Cheese (32 oz), softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- FOR GANACHE:
- 4 oz Milk Chocolate Chips (2/3 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- Reese's to Garnish
- Step 1 FOR THE CRUST: heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Step 2 Crush the Oreos in food processor or in large Ziploc bag with rolling-pin.
- Step 3 Combine Oreo crumbs with the 4 Tbsp melted butter and stir.
- Step 4 Press into a 9 inch springform pan, evenly covering bottom and inching slightly up the sides of the pan.
- Step 5 Bake at 325 for about 10 min. Remove and let cool.
- Step 6 FOR CHEESECAKE:
- Step 7 In large bowl mix with mixer the cream cheese and the sugar until light and “fluffy”. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each. Add 1 tsp vanilla and mix again briefly to incorporate.
- Step 8 Transfer 2 Cups of the cheesecake mixture to another bowl. Stir into that 1/3 Cup peanut butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Step 9 To the remaining cheesecake, add in 1/4 Cup cocoa powder and mix well.
- Step 10 On top of the cooled oreo crust. put HALF of the chocolate cheesecake batter and spread evenly.
- Step 11 Top that with all of the peanut butter cheesecake batter.
- Step 12 Top the PB layer with the remaining chocolate cheesecake batter.
- Step 13 Bake at 325 for about 50M. Center should still be a little jiggly when taken out. Allow to cool completely,remove springform side, then place in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Step 14 FOR GANACHE:
- Step 15 In small saucepan, melt the butter into the heavy cream.
- Step 16 Turn stove off, and add in chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Then, add in Peanut butter and vanilla stirring to mix. Allow to cool before topping cheesecake.
- Step 17 GARNISH WITH REESE’S!!!!
You can also see this post of mine at the following awesome link parties!! Thanks for hosting to:
Sweet Nothings , Frugal Mommas, Oh My Heartsie Girl, Walking on Sunshine Recipes, Katherine’s Corner, Miz Helen’s Country Cottage, Fiesta Friday, The Country Cook, Made by You Monday, and Organized 31!