Buffalo Chicken Dip Mac & Cheese. Ponder on that…we’ll get back to it. First of all, let’s get some important facts about myself out of the way….
I am addicted to all things dip-able…dip-py…dip-related. You get my point. If it comes in some sort of bowl and there is typically something of the crunchy nature near it…I am dipping it. I’ll also probably be camping out there. Therefore, if you WANT me to socialize at a gathering, don’t have dip .
I have a special weakness for cheesy dips…ooey-gooey-melty goodness. Who doesn’t love the look and taste of a salty crunchy dip carrying device (that’s really all they are, right?) dripping with molten dairy goodness?! Not sure I want to know the person that can resist that.
I mean, look at that….I could just go at that with a spoon. Is that gross? Ya know what, I don’t care if it is.
Another confession? I am also addicted to Pinterest. Correction, I am addicted to pinning things on Pinterest. I have not yet mastered the actual “carrying out of the Pins” but it was a New Year’s Resolution. Hey, I resolved to do something so it counts.
So…..what about the food?!?
With that in mind I have vowed to find and make a pinned recipe each week. Last week was Food Network’s Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese (I literally keep typing Man & Cheese…good to know where my priorities are). Truly I had ALL intentions on making it as written. Soon I realized I was missing ingredients and was too lazy (aka in leggings with a mess of a curly head) to go to the store.
Therefore, I improvised. Based on my LOVE…no..ADORATION of Buffalo Chicken Dip, I came up with something heavenly utilizing THOSE ingredients. At least I think so.
MISSING INGREDIENT 1: Rotisserie Chicken
SUBSITUTE 1: Some seasoned grilled chicken breast (any cooked chicken really)
MISSING INGREDIENT 2: Half and Half
SUBSTITUTE 2: Milk ( i know…I live dangerously)
MISSING INGREDIENT 3: Sour Cream
SUBSTITUTE 3: Ranch & Cream Cheese
MISSING INGREDIENT 4: Panko
SUBSTITUTE 4: Crushed Tortilla Chips
What came out had the cheesy goodness of Mac & Cheese with the flavors of Buffalo Chicken Dip. Try it out and let me know what you think! I’ll be hanging out by the dip 🙂
Buffalo Chicken Dip Mac & Cheese
Take Buffalo Chicken Dip Flavors and add in lots of carbs and chicken....'nuff said
- 5 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Celery stalks, diced
- 3 Cups Shredded Chicken -rotisserie, grilled, etc
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 3/4 Cup Hot Sauce (like Frank's)
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 2 tsp. Dry Mustard
- 2 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 4 Cup Mac & Cheese blend Shredded cheese (mix of american, cheddar, and swiss)
- 1 Cup Cheddar
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2/3 Cup Ranch Dressing
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Step 1 Heat oven to 350 and butter/grease 9×13 baking dish.
- Step 2 Cook pasta al dente and drain, Set aside.
- Step 3 Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in large/deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion & celery and saute until onion is translucent.
- Step 4 Mix in chicken and garlic, stir and cook additional 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the hot sauce, stir until coated. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 5 Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in saucepan. Add flour and dry mustard and mix until smooth.
- Step 6 Whisk in milk and remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce. Stir frequently until thickens- about 2-3 minutes.
- Step 7 Next add 4 of the 5 cups shredded cheese and stir in. Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth. Stir in ranch dressing.
- Step 8 In baking dish, layer half of the pasta. Finally, top with chicken, then remaining pasta.Pour cheese sauce over whole pan evenly.
- Step 9 Bake 40 minutes. Top with crushed tortilla chips and remaining cup of cheese and return to oven for an additional 5 minutes.