Well….that was an unplanned hiatus.
Sometimes I feel like I can handle 100 things at once…and sometimes I feel like I can’t even pull off something simple like tying my own shoes. Ok, well maybe not exactly that…but pretty damn close.
That has been me these last 2 weeks. Between end of the school year stuff for the kiddos, birthdays, work, and being sick for what feels like forever, I kind of just want to hide under a rock for a day. I have been meaning to blog, yet, zilch. I have been meaning to do a lot of things but at this point just happy I was able to get out of bed.
That being said, it has been an exciting couple of weeks as well. My oldest kiddo traveled with her high school marching band to Disney for a week and got to march in a parade at Magic Kingdom!! So proud of her and the rest of that group…they are some amazingly talented kiddos 🙂 Today…we said goodbye to them as they left for NYC to march in a parade on Sunday!
A little jealous 🙂
My youngest turned 11 and bridged from Elementary to Middle School! I find it so hard to believe that I now have a Junior and a 6th grader. Time flies….
In all that excitement…I got cooties. Yucky ones…and now I have no voice on top of it..but I think the fam doesn’t mind that part 🙂
Being sick I like easy meals…who wants to slave in a kitchen when they feel like garbage?? Not I! Today I am sharing a super simple yet super tasty chicken breast recipe that requires little work and few ingredients! Meet Baked Panko Parmesan Chicken!
For my family of four, I use about 1-1 1/2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast. Alot of times, that is typically 2 large pieces of chicken breast that I then filet into 4 pieces. Pound each piece to an even thickness…think cutlet style.
Season chicken on both sides with lemon pepper seasoning and a touch of salt. I like a lot of flavor on these so I am pretty liberal with the lemon pepper.
In a small bowl, combine mayo, garlic and oregano. Paint that mixture onto each side of the chicken and let rest for about 5 minutes.
Coat chicken with panko, breadcrumb, and parmesan mixture. Dont hesitate to really pat it on there. You want it nice and coated!
Drizzle a little olive oil onto a shallow baking sheet and bake the chicken at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through flipping the chicken over half way through.
Super flavorful, nice and crunchy from the panko and super easy!! Can’t argue with that!!
Baked Panko Parmesan Chicken
Super flavorful and super easy weeknight chicken your family will love!
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 tsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 1 Cup Panko Crumbs
- 1 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- !/2 Cup Shredded or Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Mayo
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 T. Minced Garlic
- Salt to season Chicken
- Olive oil for pan and drizzle on top
- Parsley to serve
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Step 2 If needed, filet the chicken so you have 4 cutlet sized pieces. Pound to an even thickness. Pat dry.
- Step 3 Season both sides of chicken with lemon pepper and a little bit of salt.
- Step 4 In small bowl, combine mayo, garlic and oregano. Paint this mixture onto each side of the chicken and let rest about 5 minutes.
- Step 5 In shallow bowl or pie plate, combine panko, breadcrumbs, and parmesan. Thoroughly coat each chicken filet in crumbs.
- Step 6 Drizzle and the spread some olive oil onto a sheet pan. lace chicken on pan with some room between filets , and then drizzle some more olive oil over the chicken.
- Step 7 Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through flipping halfway through.